Engineering Lab Space
Dreiym Engineering is proud to show you our lab space! We are constantly adding to the equipment we have on-site and are in the process of expanding the lab’s footprint to include additional machining areas and lab storage. Always a work in progress, we wanted to show what we have accomplished with the lab so far.
The building is monitored 24/7 from all angles with offsite video recording, automated alarms, and automated alerts to security. The lab space is also temperature-controlled and includes video recording and/or photo documentation.
The space is available to anyone for lease and includes all tools and equipment with a trained technician to help you operate any equipment you need on-site. Education and research use is free for qualified research (Code Creating Bodies such as NFPA or NACE/AMPP or higher education research).
3D View of the Lab
Here you can walk through the engineering lab, and view the tools, space, and major equipment we have on-site.
The Equipment Necessary for a Thorough Investigation
At Dreiym, we are able to support both destructive and non-destructive investigations while providing the technical support that you need to complete any test, including any ongoing multi-day monitoring, and construction of engineering test platforms.
- X-Ray – We have a Nordson Dage Quadra 3 X-Ray in our laboratory, allowing you to access instant images in a non-destructive manner. We can help you keep your investigation moving in an efficient manner.
- Infrared Thermal Imaging – Monitor the heat buildup in a test environment, in real-time. An infrared camera offers a safe method for testing what temperatures are ideal for a fire.
- Microscope – Our lab microscope offers an ideal method for detecting stress in metals and other materials. It has a built-in 18MP camera with additional light, for detailed work.
- 3D Space Capture Imaging – This technology amounts to something close to a street view for indoor spaces. It allows all parties to look at a rendering of an accident scene with 1 percent accuracy.
- Motor Drive Analyzer – Dreiym has the ability to test motor drives, adjustable speed drives, and variable frequency drives for failure in the lab or in the field.
- Power Quality Analyzer – The power quality analyzer allows us to analyze and understand incoming utility power.
- Pipeline Current Mapper – Our pipeline current mapper helps locate currents for pipeline field surveys.
- Ground / Earth Tester – This technology provides the capability to measure AC resistance with a high level of accuracy.
- 18,000 Lb. Vehicle Lift – Used primarily for vehicle fire investigations, our lab is equipped with a high-capacity lift.
- Video Camera Equipment – All tests can be video recorded for additional documentation.
- Evidence Storage – We have a safe evidence storage facility with 24/7 video monitoring and offsite recording.
- Data Capture – We can tie data capture into Labview or Matlab programs.
- Backup Power – Our laboratory is backed up by battery power for uninterrupted testing and examination.
- Much more, including calibrated meters, o-scopes, and signal generators.
Plans for the Future
We are actively expanding our evidence storage area to better serve the needs of forensic engineering. The evidence storage area is completely isolated, with 24/7 offsite recording and badge-in/badge-out access.
- SEM – Our next big addition is likely to be a Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), as we attempt to build out our corrosion capabilities.
- Soil Analysis – We are looking at the technology required to perform soil analysis in-house.
- Meeting Room – Our meeting room will be complete with a commercial kitchen and teleconference system, able to seat 8 people at once.
- Machining Area – Once the increased footprint is in place, we intend to increase machining and prototyping capabilities on-site.